Search This Blog

Sunday, October 22, 2017

The Eatery by Ryan

The Eatery by Ryan, Alico Mission Wy, Ft. Myers, FL., Here is my 2 cents on the food & chatter. Well I never heard of this place but I got 7% back on a CC.
It had fair ratings + served cheese steaks.
I went for a cheese steak. I am ambivalent about my choice. It was 11 bucks, 8 inches long. Expensive for the size. Also the chef does his own take on the sandwich.
I order a onion,pepper and cheese sandwich. THIS WAS NOT A REAL SANDWICH...WHY?
You could NOT hold it in your hands. ( that why they gave you a knife)
Off the bat it tasted ok....bbbuuutttttt.
Here is what is wrong with Ryan version.
He adds mayo whether you want it or not. The bun is very fresh except is is too soft. Adding melted cheese, the whole thing falls apart in your hand. So you have to use a knife and fork to eat it.  It was just TOO soggy to hold or eat.(I saved half for later, refrigerated it ,it held and tasted fine except cold.)
They had salads, I got a not too shabby tater salad.
Except no fries, bags of chips are there
Service was great. I also related my concerns to Ryan about his version.
So you will have to throw the dice and decide if you wish to try this sandwich.


No comments:

Post a Comment