Search This Blog

Monday, October 23, 2017

Lobster Lady Seafood Market & Bistro




Lobster Lady Seafood Market & Bistro, Cape Coral Parkway, W., Cape Coral, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter. First props to the staff and cooks outstanding job.
So here is a bit of chit chat. I have had this bookmarked  to try stone crabs.  Stone crabs have been lauded a big deal since I have moved here 6 years ago.
So I come to a premier eatery to taste them.
My food. I got the cheapest appetizer on the menu, 6 bucks. ( most appetizer were $10 or more) At six dollars I received beautiful presentation, 5 halves of medium size eggs, with slices of salmon and a very mild wasabi filling. It tasted very good, unfortunately I was disappointed in the mildness of the wasabi.
Then my entree, bang bang shrimp and stone crabs. ( crabs can be had cold or hot. I took the advice of my server and got them chilled. )
The shrimp were very fresh and tasted wonderfully. Though in my mind I had imagine a bit more of a kick. ( oh yeah it florida,)
Now for my 5 years of anticipation stone crabs. They were very chilled, the chef had pre crack them somewhat. It was still very hard to crack them and very messy to consume.
2 sauces for dipping. These were medium size claws $7.50 each. OBA OBA !!
The verdict.... Not worth my money. A long time resident enlighten me that this was just a tourist propaganda  issue. Though the staff did a wonderful job. Food was terrific. As a consumer I will just get lump crab meat at the grocery store.
If you love the experience of cracking crab and chowing down. You must come here for a great meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment