Search This Blog

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Outback,FM,Cleveland



Outback Steakhouse, Cleveland Ave., Ft. Myers,Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.
Lets do this review a bit different.
First lets give props to the staff. They were outstanding and very helpful. Excellent.

My arrival. I have a bad leg so I have a disable placard. Of course ALL the handicapped parking is around the side from the entrance over 75 feet away. 2 spaces I believe but 3 spaces for the pick up meals. 10 regular spaces IFO of main entrance.
The door  is held open for me, nice. I was quickly seated.
I knew what I wanted. The menu is way too long. Got my sweet tea. Not sweet enough had to ask for more sugar.
Ordered the 16 bucks AYCE shrimp and steak, medium rare of course,( 6 ounce sirloin) It was the size of a hockey puck.
Got the french onion soup for 1 dollar more...
Hot bread arrives delish.... Soup arrives. Very hot ,good.The cheese on top was a blob messy. I had to remove it . I was unable to eat it.
Then  looking inside the soup I saw something. I ask a waiter what it was. He apologized and said it was croutons. They had melted away.  EEHHH. Then after cooling off... It was the WORST soup ever. I have had better out of a envelope or can. NO onion flavor or any beef flavor and so salty.
My entree arrives. Hot fried shrimp. Told server to place another order.
My hockey puck steak. Cooked on rare side. That ok...less shrinkage. ...It was a good thing I got a big serrated knife. Plus I had to use my bubble gum chewing skills. Steak was like rubber. Hard to cut.
The shrimp and hot bread was fine. I got 5 orders of the shrimp.( It was noted on my bill.)
Sauce...Every one is using or imitating sarachi sauce. (Hot peppers,garlic, tomatoe base from a Vietnamese immigrant 20 years ago. Rich guy now)
Mayo and sarachi. hohum.
Cocktail sauce was all right.
Once again I am reminded of why I avoid chain  eateries. Plus I scratch my head and see these folks coming in, Saying why??? I cannot be the only person getting this bad food.

No comments:

Post a Comment