Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2016

El Pollo Rico,, ( The Rich Chicken) good fusion food

El Pollo Rico, ( The Rich Chicken) Avenue A, Bokeelia, Fl., Here is a bit of chit chat and my 2 cents on the food.
By the name you would think it is mexican or so. It is a fusion of a variety of cuisine. A big cock is the symbol  for the eatery.  But it is a large rich rooster.
Lets start with the food. They make their own sweet tea. I liked it. But I would have prefered it more sweet. Thats me.
A good and different roll.
Unique to this menu, a pork steak with grilled onions. First time I have EVER seen a pork steak on a menu in my life.The steak was bigger than I thought. They cook it to your specification. It was good. But I needed to take half of it home.

Rice and beans. The rice was special. I think it was jasmine? I am not sure? it was a very tasty short grain rice. Black beans were good but I needed some hot sauce. Thats me.
I took home their version of fried chicken. I must say it was delicious
. Fried to perfection, crispy. It is not a southern style meal. But it is good . And for something different worth the drive.
Oh yes the oh so decadent carrot cake. Yummy.
The service was outstanding. I give it a 4.5 stars over all. ( I am stingy with 5 stars)
So take the trip and do a new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment