Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Wally's Southern Style BBQ, Not impress

Wally Southern Style BBQ, Tamiami Trl, Port Charlotte,Fl, Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat. I took home a combo meal for 20 bucks, I got hotlinks, polish sausage, and brisket. Sides of spicy cole slaw and green beans.
The best part was the toasted bread.
The cole slaw was just housemade with cayenne pepper added to the slaw. not very impress. The green bean were what I expected not too bad. A bigger portion would be nice.
One thing that was missing which I did not think I would have to ask for was BBQ sauce. NONE ZIP.
I figure they would give me some without asking. Polish sausage was ok, hot links not very hot. Beef brisket, they need to go to Texas and learn how it is done.
I went here because a number of folks said it was good. But I am thinking this must be maybe the only one in Port Charlotte.  Then again my experience here in SWFL( 5 years) I have come to realize most folks are not very adventurous. They do not seem to know or wish to experience good cuisine.
I guess I will stick to The Cape/ Fort Myers BBQ. I have found 4-6 good ones. Plus one that was listed in tripadvisor as outstanding this year.
If I offend someone so be it. I am spoiled as a 35 years foodie and self taught cook from the San Francisco Bay Area in California. But a chef/cook needs to get out of their comfort zone and do it right.


No comments:

Post a Comment