Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2016

The Lodge, not bad food, touristy

The Lodge, Fort Myers, Fl, Note: Be advise that a majority of GPS units takes you to West First St. This is wrong. Check Google maps it will show you First St. in Fort Myers.

Here is a bit of chit chat and my 2 cents on the food. I had the Florida feral hog entree with Carolina potato salad and apple coleslaw.
First the sides. Both items were pretty good. I do not understand why these southern states item are always sour. Too much vinegar for me. Do they not have sugar? Or are the sour that they lost the civil war. Aside from my preference the side were good.
Now the main entree. Pork. It was good pulled pork. No big deal that it was feral hog meat though.
Ah but a big tasty surprise was their Texas style mopping sauce . A little spicy and a little sweet. Actually the best sauce I have tasted since being here in SWFL.
My server Becky did a great job.
This is a touristy and sports bar. Being in downtown Ft. Myers it is what you would expect to find.
Also if you wish to try moonshine for the first time ,
they have a good variety. I tried it. It was strong and surly get you drunk real fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment