Search This Blog

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Pickled Parrot Island Grille, disappointing seafood omelete

Pickled Parrot Island Grill, Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL., Here is my 2 cents on the food, chit chat and random thoughts.
Today I ordered the seafood omelet with hollandaise sauce...13 BUCKS
I have been here twice before. I was really looking forward to this dish.WOW was I disappointed.
As a cook or a chef you need to know how to make a fluffy egg omelet. This is a requirement if you are to be a chef at least in France. I am not a trained per se chef in America,but I know how to make a omelet.
First for  this price I should get 2 large eggs or 3 medium eggs. This was not .I thought it would be maybe stuff with seafood. NOPE. I only saw one medium size shrimp. They other stuff was TOO small to know. Taste was ok.
The side of potatoes was a joke. They were overcooked and dry. It was also a small portion. Less then a half of a average potatoe. I know. I had just sliced up some potatoe for a pot roast to be eaten this Sunday.
The fresh fruit cup was fine but again the portion was what sick people get in the hospital. Been there done that.
Service ehhh. 1115 AM Sunday. 1 server 2 tables seated. I had to wait 5 minutes to seat myself. Another five for a menu.
I will allow you my readers to make any conclusions.





Note: I am a retired law enforcement officer. I deal only with the fact as they appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment