Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Carrabba's Italian Grill, not bad typical chain

Well here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat. Chit chat... I came here because I had a gift card that was only usable here. That's fine I have never been here before. I scanned the website and thought that they had a brunch menu... They do but not at this location.  :-(... So onward.... I got my sweet tea it was very sweet I liked it. I was ask and served some warm bread with olive oil... (Bread with butter seems to be out of style.


I think it is cheaper to serve it with oil but that ok for me.) I order a 6 oz. medium rare sirloin, with soup of the day and garlic mash potatoes. The bread and soup arrived at the same time.  The soup smelled and tasted wonderful. Especially with the fresh grated cheese. It tasted homemade. I really loved it. I was surprised. I had to restrain myself from chowing down on the bread and soup. Anyway as a cook and carnivore I know it does not take long for a medium rare steak to be prepared..

. I read 2 magazine articles and tasted some more soup.   MMMMM where is it.??? I appear to be the only client at 1115 AM on a Sunday morn.  It arrives. I looked... it was small. I turned it over. I cut it in half. WOW WELL DONE.  After going to and reviewing more than 200 or so eateries... This is the very first time in my life that I refused a meal and had it returned. ...EVER. My server picked it up said I am sorry..... In about 5-6 minutes a new and properly prepared steak was replaced. This was cooked as requested... The red garlic mashed potato were great.  I found out, I am a purist when it comes to carnivore delights. Just meat, fire ,salt and pepper. ...They had topped my steak per my request with a spicy butter concoction. It tasted fine by itself or on other items...BUT for me on the beef it was just nasty.A mistake I will never do again.
My pleasant server, Haley, B did a outstanding job. I was also given a little 1st time visitor bag of salt & pepper grinders, menu and stuff for use in a future visit.



Over all good but a well done steak,mmmmmm, not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment