Search This Blog

Friday, December 18, 2015

Twisted Lobster, not for the frugal or big appetite

Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat. I had the lunch special( $8.50 as of this writing) of a lobster roll.
I have never had a lobster roll. It was offered in mayo or hot butter. I got the butter. Plus I chose the house made tater salad as my side.
First I must warn you, if you have a BIG appetite this is not for you.  I was given a hotdog style roll sliced in half with a couple of pieces of lobster on each( see pic). OK. I dipped my roll in the hot butter. HHmmm all I really tasted was the roll.. Also unfortunately the roll was a bit burnt. I separated the lobster from the roll and just dunk it in the butter with a bit of squeezed lemon. Now the lobster was outstanding fresh and tasty. BUT, the roll just defeated tasting the lobster and the portion barely filled my tummy.
I had what I was told  house made potato salad. It was fine BUT again for me it had WAY to much mustard for my taste buds.
The staff, Kristin, my server ( how politically correct not waitress as it should be) did an outstanding job answering my questions and what not.
Over all my experience was good except for the above mention issues.





No comments:

Post a Comment