Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2015

House of Omelets, above usual breakfast joint

Here is my 2 cents on the food and a bit of chit chat. I order the CCC...Cape Coral Choice. choice of meats, toast, 2 eggs, taters etc. for your breakfast.
Plus coffee and the Belgian waffle. The coffee was ok. I made the mistake of telling them of surprising me on the toast. They gave me marble rye bread. I have never seen or heard anyone have rye bread as toast for breakfast. EVER. It was ok but I hated it. Rye toast must be a strange southern deal. Anyway eggs and stuff cooked to order...... BUT the waffle. I love waffles
. I hate  Belgian waffles. No choice given here. Why do I hate them. They are NEVER cooked properly as  in this case. They are always under cooked. NOT toasted properly. Plus I did specify I only wanted  butter & maple syrup (it was already on the table) . Mine was brought under cooked with a strawberry and powder sugar on it. I did not wish to wait 5-10 minutes for another one.So I kept my mouth shut and muddle through it.. In general it was a fairly good breakfast.

Some chit chat. I arrived at 1115 AM. It was crowded.This is the 2nd time since moving here to Florida I have had to wait at a eatery.. It took 15 minutes. I do not hold this against them. The staff was whirling around doing their jobs. It was filled with kids, old people and really fat people. So I guess that's a good sign of sorts. Once seated I was served quickly. Staff members were outstanding in being nice. A manager stopped by and said Hi. Plus on 4 occasions I was ask to have my coffee warmed up...I find this annoying. If you drink it just black ok ...BUT as a lot of folks now a days add sugar and cream ...Every time you dilute you must readjust the drink . I guess this my quirk.
Over all not too shabby I will return at some point to try the omelets.



No comments:

Post a Comment