Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2015

Miceli's, Italian cuisine, Turkey feast

Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat. First some chit chat and why I am giving it 5 stars.
They offered a 25 buck buffet for  turkey day...This is a place that's located on the waterway in which you can pull up and berth your dingy.They had lots of outside umbrella covered tables. There was lots of booths and table inside.
The personnel... WOW.... everyone was very nice with great big smiles..happy like Stepford wives would be.. (maybe it was the added 18% gratuity being  enclosed today..LOL...but worth it)
I was warned to get here early... I did... They open early. 15 minutes before the schedule 11 AM time.
(note by 1130AM it was getting filled up)
So I staked out my table and dug in.
They had a carving table of prime rib cooked to the  perfection of medium rare. It was sliced thin ,but you could ,and I did make 3 return visits.

The au jus was delightful, but unfortunately the horseradish sauce was too watery. Good but watery.
I sampled the dark turkey,white turkey and the ham. Except for the ham which was a touch on the dry ,though in a sweet sauce. Everything was delish. the dressing, sweet potatoes, mash potatoes, cookies, clams ,pumpkin pies.
The management stop by my table and ask for my criticism . Which I gave. I made my customary 3 grazing trips at the buffet. (you need to get your money's worth and belly filled)  It was so worth it.
By the time I left, the place was filling up and the parking was full.
I will definitely be back and try the regular items.
You all need to come on down!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment