Search This Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Herons Nest Restaurant & Ballroom

Herons Nest Restaurant & Ballroom, Avenida Del Vera, Inside a gated community, N. Fort Myers, Fl.,
Here is chatter and my 2 cents on the food.
Chatter... First my GPS had me going in circles finding this place. But I was smart enough to disregard it. You must tell the sentry you are going to the eatery. About 3/4 mile ahead.
The restaurant is on a small lake. A bit hidden, easy to find.
First a small sign at the hostess desk greets you saying.  NO CASH only credit cards.!!!!
I was by myself dress casual in nice shorts and tee shirts. NO TEES SHIRTS ALLOWED. I was give a short sleeved shirt with a collar.  ( NOTE... The manager was wearing a red plaid shirt. :-0   )   There was only 2 tables filled in a place that could handle 100 folks.
They directed me to a  table next to a wall. I ask for a table with a view of the lake ...they said they were reserved. I got one in a corner next to a baby piano. For my 45 minutes being here NO ONE sat at the reserved tables.
The food. Waffles, sausage, home fries and  coffee. 16 bucks.
First , the coffee was just commercial brand , no big whoop. The waffles were ok. They mix up my order and brought me bacon the first time out. It was quickly change.
I am having a bad luck of fried foods. The home fries were fried too crisp. I could not poke a hole in one potato pieces with my fork. My server offered to exchange. I denied it. I was full.
Service was fine.
This has to be the MOST PRETENTIOUS  & SNOBBY place I have EVER been to in my life.
Do I recommend this??? Only if you are high maintenance, pretentious and snobby!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment