Search This Blog

Friday, July 21, 2017

A Cajun Bowl

A Cajun Bowl, NE 3rd Ave, Cape Coral, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.
I must first say, in all parts of the world, each local area can have very different style for the same dish.
So for me this was a different style of the same food.
The food. They have hands down the very BEST sweet tea in SWFL. I get sweet tea at all my outings. If it is house made......Sweet just right no bitterness perfect.
The cup of red beans and rice. $5 a large cup. ( good portion good price)   it is not like a Jamaican red bean and rice. It had chunks of meat and was just different though good.
Shrimp Etouffee, ( pronounce  A-2-fave) I will acknowledge this is the 2nd place that has the hottest spiciest food in the area. It had potatoe salad. It reminded me of the german tater salad my Mom made. I hated it. It was too sour with vinegar. But that's me.
They claim this is the best etouffee in SWFL.  I found it was ok. Very spicy. But since I have etouffee only twice before I am not sure. The price is $13 or so. The portion was very generous. Good for seconds later on.
Be warn what is Cajun mild is Florida Hot !!!!!
The eatery is small (4 tables) but does a lot of take out. It has a large following
It has been here for 2-3 years so they are doing something right.




No comments:

Post a Comment