Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2016

Cowboy Crab and Seafood, messy but good food

Cowboy Crab And Seafood,N. FT. Myers, Here is my 2 cents and some chit chat.. First some chit chat. This is a market first and a eatery 2nd. It is primary a take-out but has 4 wooden picnic tables to seat down. I heard of this place in the local paper. It claim to fame was garlic crabs. I was here on a Friday at noon time.
Lets start with the veggies. boiled potatoes and corn on the cob. Cooked throughly with the garlic and butter. Not too bad. The shrimp is cooked with the legs and shell on. I thought it was over cooked. Too rubbery.
The crab and leggs were cooked well with lots of garlic. You could break them with your teeth but a hammer is better. Great if you love garlic. I also had a crab cake. The sauce was fine but the cake it self was terrible. ( see pic).
Though it appeared to have much crab, it was burnt. My wife who does not cook does a better job. Not much flavor here.
Over all it was very messy and took too much effort to get at the little meat inside the crabs and legs.
So if you enjoy getting messy and working for the meal give it a try. I guess I am spoiled and do not like this.




No comments:

Post a Comment