Search This Blog

Monday, January 25, 2016

Beach Brothers BBQ, a 2nd look

Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat combined. This is my second visit here. I came for the beef brisket. It is only offered on Monday. BUT lets start with the sides. They stated they make all items in house. This time I tried the Pasta salad. WOW. This is the best pasta salad I have tasted since locating here in The Coma. I must also say it rivals in my opinion, comparing to the pasta salad of those in the San Francisco Area. Perfectly balanced not too oily not too sour. Pasta is cooked well.
The dirty rice is still the best here. I also love the mac and cheese. The sides have it going on here.
Beef Brisket.
Brisket is subjective. I thought in this case it was on the dry side. I believe they trimmed too much of the fat. I understand being healthy. This was quality meat. BUT fat is flavor and it keeps your brisket moist and more tender. I have eaten and cooked my share of brisket for last 30 odd years. I will be back to taste again.
A note on the sauces. The sauces here were fine. It is typical southern stuff. I am partial to the midwest and Texas style. It should be thick, sweet and hot/spicy.    ( The way a woman is supposed to be be also.)





No comments:

Post a Comment