Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Casa Rojas Cuban Bakery and Cafe, not bad cuban sandwich, ok bake goods

Here is my 2 cents on the food and chit chat mixed in. I was here for three things. Chocolate eclairs,
empanadas,
and supposedly good cuban sandwich.
The eclairs were ok. Smaller than you find in the real bakeries of italian or french origin. If you have travel south of the border or in the far east you know they do not have a sweet tooth. Europeans makes things sweeter and bigger.
Plus being in Cape Coral or SWFL there is a void of outstanding italian and french bakeries.
The empanadas... are unmarked and you take a chance of what you get. (NOTE: Most workers though very nice and helpful can be limited when speaking english. As this their second language. This is my observation.) Mine was ground beef and very tasty. The crust was light and flaky. I would like more meat less crust.
Now the the cuban sandwich. Casa Rojas has been touted as one of the best cuban sandwiches in the area.. I am not from Cuba or Florida. I have had only 2-3 cuban sandwiches in my life. I did like it. Bread was crispy and soft. The meat was tasty. Cheese was ok. The pickles added a good variation to it. BUT what is the big deal. It is basically just a hot ham and cheese sandwich. The only difference is the dill pickles.
Overall this is a nice place for people with a mild palette. Folks are great, product is good ingredients excellent.
I will be back for the eclairs.



No comments:

Post a Comment