Search This Blog

Friday, July 3, 2015

Mission BBQ, just another mediocre floridian bbq

Well here is my 2 cents on the food.  I had a 3 meat,( brisket, pulled pork and sausage )combo with tater salad.  14 bucks -salad 2 something.....
.First the good stuff. I thought the potato salad was very good. Big chunks of properly cooked potatoes easy on the mayo and a bit of hot pepper just enough for flavor. The sausage with cheese and jalapenos. Just spicy enough and the cheese gave good texture. Though the casing was a bit tough. But it was down hill from there. The brisket fell apart and was not tasty. The pork was too dry and salty. Corn bread just bad.  What up with the sauces. They are all too thin and sour tasting. If you want good sauce go to ***mart and get the house brand or the Bull*** . Mission stuff just bad.

I have been here for over 3 years. I cannot figure out why SW Floridian flock to such mediocre or bad bbq /eateries.



 It was 1245pm and a friday. The  place was crowded with folks. Plus a small line at the order counter..This is the south I am told there is good food here and good bbq. This area does not support that assumption..  Then again, when I am in traffic, say a 2 lane westbound lanes at a traffic signal., There is 8-10 cars in one lane and the other lane is EMPTY. Why the frack are these morons playing follow the leader ???? But I should be thankful for that situation... I am not a sheep and I have great common sense and the knack for outstanding food.

So it is my mission,wink wink, in life to ferret out the good places and pass it along. There are better places off in the area for good bbq. Seek them out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment