Search This Blog

Monday, March 6, 2017

Stamatis Family Restaurant

Stamatis Family Restaurant, Weavers Corner, North Fort Myers,FL. Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat.
WOW...Lets start with the free serving of bread and REAL butter. (Hardly anyone gives out free bread or rolls now a day as a matter of habit) Then a choice of soup or salad ( clam chowders since it friday ) but I needed a veggie so I got a cold crisp salad, Greek style was available for a buck more.
My sides were mash potato/gravy and fantastic green beans with some bacon. My main entree ,fried chicken.. Now I was not too crazy for the gravy on the taters;Green beans a thumb up.
 My oh my the chicken it was great.... 4 pieces,the breast ( which I usually hate) was crispy tasty and oh so moist inside. The wing literally melted in my mouth... bones and all. Then the drum stick and meaty dark thigh. I was in heaven.
Chi chat.One of the best meals I have had in a while.    Family meals.... home style portions ... sandwiches..Many options including greek entrees... And prices are very reasonable .. My meal was only $7.98... The most pricy was about 10 bucks for a steak. Many lunch time items it seemed were under 6 bucks. The place was clean and servers were so quick and nice
 I am told the liver and onions are the best via the more senior folks.They do a great breakfast here also.
So come to what I call the gourmet ghetto of Fort Myers. ( North Fort Myers)  No fancy ambiance or plates. Just outstanding ,fill the belly, put a smile on the face , and helps keep you wallet on the fat side.


No comments:

Post a Comment