Search This Blog

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Saltwater Smokehouse




Saltwater Smokehouse, Stringfellow Rd., St. James City,FL., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chit chat.. I am always looking for great Texas style brisket... Ah but first the food.I order some ribs,brisket, cole slaw, collard greens. I got a good piece of garlic bread. The collards greens were fine a good size portion. A fair size coleslaw but a bit too vinegary. I was expecting spare ribs but got them puny baby back. The sauce was a very good  mango flavor a slight spicy. The other sauce was water down in spiciness because the folks here in Florida are just too wimpy too handle a mansize hot sauce. I had this discussion with the chef. He actually gave me a bit of the real stuff he makes for himself,excellent.
But I was disappointed in the  brisket. I was given a cup of au jus & a horseradish mayo. ( I wonder why?)
Texas bbq brisket is slow cooked 10-16 hours, a bit chard/blacken on the outside. Very moist and holds together when it is sliced. You are served slices then given a choice of BBQ sauce ranging sweet/mild to sweet/sweating eyeballs hot.
This was just the wimpy style of a pulled pork version of beef...
The chef and staff were outstanding. The food overall is good and portions/prices are very fair.
It is easy to find, plenty of parking & outside patio.
My quest for genuine texas brisket continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment