Search This Blog

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Nestor

Nestor's Restaurant, Hancock Bridge Pkwy, North Fort Myers, Here is a bit of chit chat and my 2 cents on the food.
It was a very rare cool day, approximately 64 degrees. I have unfortunately acclimatize to the brutal humid heat, Hades, or of this place. But it reminded me of growing up in Misery, I mean Missouri. I felt a need for old style mid western chow of my aunt or grandma. On a day like today, I had a reflection of what I use to do and eat. In my old age I do realize I have become a bit of a foodie snob.
Which does not mean I am wrong. I am still right. Right about my observations and taste.
 So my meal.
The food. $11.99 I order stuff green peppers, mash potatoe/gravy house made beef barley soup, a roll and dessert. Roll and hot soup on a cold day. Soup was like home. Lots of barley and stuff, a bit lacking in flavor just like the midwest.  It still tasted good  though. This time around my taters were cold. I mentioned this issue and very quickly I had a new piping hot dish.  The taters also need a pick me up of butter. When I added a tad, it was fine. The stuff peppers were good. The ground beef was seasoned well. They held together but broke easily when using my fork. I have been eating chili rellenos for so long ,I forgot how tasty simple peppers can be. My dessert a slice of baklava and chocolate ice cream
Service was excellent.






No comments:

Post a Comment