Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Texas Road House, For the meat eater

Here is my 2 cents, This is the 2nd time eating here. It beef's ....it is all good. No menu this time. I saw a 20 ounce boneless ribeye in the glass case.
That was mine. As usual there was all you can eat hot honey flavored rolls with butter. Plus peanuts galore.... make a mess on the floor. I splurged and got a Tequila Sunrise.
( wow 6 bucks for a named brand tequila.. I paid 95 cents for my first sunrise at Lacklind ,AFB, Texas, way back when,1975) I added mushrooms on top of the  steak and of course it must be medium rare. The cook obliged and did the job right. It was delish and tender.Green beans with bacon/onions.... tasty. Plus a baked potato with all the fixings :cheese,bacon, sour cream and of course extra butter. The tater was cooked to perfection hot fluffy. ( eat the skins for the vitamins folks).  Of course being long in the tooth I had to get a doggie bag for the rest of my ribeye. ( I am no longer a spring chicken) But take it home slap it between two slices of white bread ... a 2nd meal.




The service and folks were stellar. I was there at  1105 AM on Memorial Day. Food came quick. Lots of attention. The place filled up fast.

Great Job.

No comments:

Post a Comment