Search This Blog

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Deep Down South BBQ, nothing but pork

Well I was in Ft. Myers for another issue. I had a new GPS. Gave a whirl on bbq in the area. Saw Deep Down remembered it from yelp....
I found the trailer in a small parking lot. No food truck just a trailer. No fans no tables no TV just sit in your car or take it home.  A line of 5-6 people on a Friday at  1 PM. I was feeling a bit carnivore. So decided on a slab of ribs.  Not the wimpy baby back ribs but the REAL HE MAN Cave Man spare ribs. You know the big ones with meat and some fat with a little gristle. People must like it here. BUT Floridian are not known for their culinary palette.

Anyway I got a 1/2 slab of ribs 14 bucks.
I  must say NOT too shabby. The sauce was a bit sweet. No sour vinegar flavor. Thank you very much. One of the better bbq places around. I'll come back later and try some sides and other southern entrees. So in the mean time come and get the ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment