Search This Blog

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Smoke"n Pit, It really is the pits.

Folks here is my 2 cents on the food.
First the BBQ meats.
The pork ribs,brisket,chicken & such are smoke pretty much just right. The meats are good quality and lean. Thats where we start to go down hill. NO fat NO flavor. I need more flavor. Once this gets cold it sucks.
The sauce's .... what the hell is wrong with the Floridians and this obsession of vinegar. WHY SOUR???
Where is the sweet and savory? Is it they were just brought up wrong and do not know the difference. I ask for a hot sauce . I was offered BBQ hot sauce and Tabasco(this is vinegar). BBQ hot sauce was neither hot or good, just vinegar flavor.Now the salads and beans.
The only decent thing was the Cole slaw.
The potatoe salad again sour just nasty. Mac salad just plain.
Had the pickle tomatoe. WHY is this NOT sour?????
My toast was great and the french fries were excellent... Beans are claim to fame good. I do not know in what Universe. People with real taste buds would agree sour.. Nothing like Mexican refried bean, Brasilian black bean or My favorite sweet & savory( brown sugar & onions) Boston Baked beans.
This is my last visit here. Which is ashamed

Now chit chat. Wow the service was so excellent. All of the staff were fun and friendly. My meal was brought to me in under 7 minutes. Yes I timed it. I like the place.
So try at your own risk . If brought up in the south this is a place for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment