Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The New England Moorings Seafood & Moor , Good food Old Sckool atmospherea

Well if you need a break from everyday type eatery & wish a little oddball fun...come here.
This is the old style kitschy Florida vibe restaurant. Fun for kids, parents . One and all.
This Moorings is hidden from view off a main drag in The Cape. It was surprising to me as it was only a 10 minute ride from my house.
I was pointed and lured here by a gift certificate. Remember I am a frugal diner.. Enough chit chat we are here for the food.
As most seafood places are a bit high in prices this is no exception. BUT. They made up by dropping off samples of various things. From fish to dessert with a amaretto drink. It was WONDERFUL..
I was hungry so I got the Onion ring appetizer. Hand cut,breaded and fried so tasty.
I then went out of my comfort zone and order Scrod with a mango Salsa. I had no idea what scrod was but it was good. Fried and golden brown on outside moist & delicate on the inside. The salsa was tangy and sweet.. I do not like mango per se. This was good.. 
Now more chit chat.
The TV's were playing video from music shows 20+  years gone by. The table were such that when its crowded you will be sharing them with strangers. The decorations were Floridian tacky and fun of by gone days.
Over all a great experience with food and frolic.
the bar





free sample

patio space

No comments:

Post a Comment