Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

A bit of a Heaven in The Cape

WOW!!!!  SLATE'S...I have had this booked mark for a while. I am ashamed I waited so long.
I must warn all the wimpy SW Floridians who do not appreciate real & spicy food. Stay Away. This is for the adventurous.
I was here for lunch on a Friday. Around noon time..
My server Cheri was fantastic. Attentive ,able to quote the special of the day, & answer my questions.

The Gumbo was OUTSTANDING. It was almost as good as mine
. It had just the right amount of roux. Along with shrimp, andouille, and chicken . The layer of flavor was great. It was spicy enough so you did not need to add more heat. Just enough to say aaahhhhh. The dish alone would make most  Floridians cry big tears.

The shrimp po boy is to die for....4 fresh off the boat large shrimp. Cooked to melt in mouth your texture. The sauce was just enough to compliment the shrimp. The cajun potatoes are so good..



brandy seperator
So for all you wannabe Mardi Gras folks You MUST come here. You will not be disappointed in the cuisine.


No comments:

Post a Comment