Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

McGregor Pizza & Deli....HHHmmmm not too sure

I had a doctors appointment in Fort Myers & needed to try a new place. McGregor Pizza & Deli was on a list of the local food critic ,places to check out. This gentleman has been mostly correct in his reviews. BUT not this time , not for the Chicago Italian style beef sandwich.
I ask my server about it. She stated it was the most popular sandwich. So I told her I was a virgin with this sammy hit me up. Make it like the local yodels eat it and add the spicy stuff. WOW it did look good but upon a couple of bites. It really suck. The good part was the roll. It was perfectly toasted and airy with a nice flavor. BUT the beef had no flavor and was BOILED too much. Even adding the so call spicy girdnieir did not help. I ate half of the sandwich and took other half home. I tried it again cold and micro. Well it just plain suck for me. Hopefully the turkey buzzards will enjoy the rest in the morning. I cannot speak for the pizza,calzone or stromboli but Once again the folks here in SWFL have REALLY bad taste buds.



No comments:

Post a Comment