Search This Blog

Monday, February 16, 2015

Carnivore delight with redneck ambiance....Texas Roadhouse

rholland63.yelp.com     rholland63.blogspot.com.     Well I finally took the road hazard of  floridians driver and drove to satisfy my carnivore craving at Texas Roadhouse.

Lets jump into the food. BEEF. Lots of it. With a glass case of meat at the entrance you cannot be wrong.  The first thing they hit you with are the rolls. Fresh every 6-7 minutes all you want. They are similar to the hawaiian style roll in the grocery store but BETTER. They are made with a tad of honey and molasses and covered with butter served hot & fresh .
Next you get a bucket of roasted peanuts at your table.
You can be civilize and place the shells in a plate or another bucket. But hell why. You got redneck country music a bit too loud overhead. Just drop them on the floor.

I order medium rare prime rib ,green beans, and all important steak fries.

This is only the place I have found REAL steak cut fries in  SWFL... Along with au jus and horseradish sauce. The sauce could have use more horseradish.
My entree arrived 10 minutes or so minus my fries. The prime was cooked to a perfect med rare & the green beans were fabulous. The meat was coated with a more than salt & black pepper coating different but good. I was done with my green beans and 1/2 my meat when my steak fries showed up.  Worth the wait yes..hot and crispy.

Now the service and such.

My server Andrea was right on ball. She explained my options and was friendly. Though she was a bit busy she got my seconds on tea and rolls as needed. Everyone was friendly with a salutations.  I did not believe the t-shirt of  the servers were wearing " I love my job at Texas Roadhouse". Really who loves a serving job..;-(.  Except for the long wait of steak fries , over all not too shabby service. All  with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment