Search This Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2015

The Island... Should be on a island

Well folks this is the second time I have been here. In a word or two pass on by.
My first taste was fish taco's too greasy not enough.

This time..Lets start with the good. Great waiter,outstanding salsa, and pretty good non american style chicken soup. Salsa was just spicy enough and fresh. Soup a good grilled chicken noodle style
.

Now My shrimp plate. The shrimp was fresh. I had it grilled but the seasoning was complicated & scattered. I was unable to determine what flavor they were trying to feature. They provided a cocktail sauce which was horrible. It was a ketchup with a bit of horseradish  much too sweet.
On the table was a so called hot sauce called Tabanero. Per the bottle it was from Mexico  . Terrible not hot- no flavor.

The Island has good bones to be a good Caribbean eatery. BUT the menu is all over the board. steak-burrito- seafood.  It does not know what it is. Neither do I. So maybe if they can redo the menu and find out who they are ....it has great potential.



No comments:

Post a Comment