Search This Blog

Monday, December 31, 2018

Cristof's on McGregor

Cristof's on McGregor, McGregor Blvd., Ft. Myers, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.
This is a wonderful ole skool Florida house, posing as a great Italian restaurant. I have had this bookmarked for 7 years. They do not advertise. It all word of mouth.
I did not remember why I have not been here sooner.  AAhhh when I got the menu my mind was jostle.
I am a cheap skate. This is a pricey place. Lasagna is $19.00 on the dinner menu.

I was on the lunch menu. I tried a cup of bean soup. $6 bucks. To my surprised it tasted exactly like mine. My entree was jumbo shrimp in a white wine garlic sauce with greens as a side. I got four jumbo shrimp ( what a oxymoron) $14.00 It tasted very good, but I thought the shrimp was a bit over cooked.
I also went for a dessert, Tarisuma , It was good.But for $6 it was small.
The service was excellent. Over all the food was very good.You get what you pay for.
But it was pricey. There are other italian joints with just as good food, bigger portions and cheaper prices.
I am guessing you pay for the ambiance.
A tip. This is located on the corner of McGregor/Royal Palm Square Blvd.   You can make a left turn off of Royal Palm into the large parking lot...If you go to the traffic light you can wait up to 3 minutes then in 15 yards there is the entrance and you are waiting again

There is a large outdoor table area, seating on the porch too.

So if you need great ambiance, good food,good serviceand do not mind paying for it come here.




No comments:

Post a Comment