Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2016

Hickory Bar-B-Q,good chow

Hickory Bar-B-Q, Old McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers, Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat.
The food... I got a rib platter with 2 sides.
( Just too much pork around here)
Hush Puppies..WOW these were very good.. The size of golf balls and full of flavor. Even cold they were good.
OMG the biscuit I loved. Plus they gave you REAL butter. Excellent touch!!
Now the cole slaw.  Eh.. Creamy chopped fine needs a bit more taste...Not too sweet or sour. Needs work.
The RIBS.. Real ribs for real meateaters. NO phoo phoo baby backs. Good size very meaty. Almost fall off the bone(real carnivore want that  tug). Season fine with just the right smoky taste. Not over powering.
Chi chat.. I hate vinegar base sauce. Even in my hot sauces NOPE... Tomato base sweet and spicy that's for me.
But I had their version of a sweet sauce. Not bad. Needs more sweetness ( brown sugar ,honey or molasses.) plus kick it up with some hot pepper.
My order was quickly delivered. Folks were great. I did not mind the 20+ minute commute for this from The Cape..
Over All very good.



No comments:

Post a Comment