Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

El Rinconcito Colombiano, Fabulous food from Colombia

El Rinconcito Colombiano, Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat..
First the food. I got the most expensive item on the menu $18.00 Cazuela de Mariscos, a seafood stew of sorts.


OMG... it was outstanding...It was , I believe in a coconut creamy base with mussels, scallops, shrimp, octopus and other items. I found it perfectly season. No salt or pepper needed. I hate octopus. This was fresh and not rubbery. A delight for the palette. It is served with a side of rice and fried plantains. Both done to perfection.
Chit chat. It is a long ride from Cape Coral. So worth it for good food. It is in a small divey type place. ( see pics ) The folks are nice. When I was there it filled up rapidly with other diners.
I am jealous that such a gem is hidden away from me.
So you go for the Colombian Cuisine and not the atmosphere. But go.



No comments:

Post a Comment