Search This Blog

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Angry Tomato, a chick place, not for real men

Well here is my 2 cents on the food and chit chat combine. First I must say the food it is healthy. Taste is fine.  But beside lightening your waist size ... it lightens your wallet .. It does not really fills up a John Wayne- Man  size -belly. This is a place for chicks and those on a DIEt. (you know DIE from starvation).
   I had the Sriracha Banh Mi...
It is a wannabe copy of a vietnamese sandwich called a Banh. The real version it has pork or chicken, bean sprouts, cilantro and NO sunflowers seeds. Plus it is on a french banquette. As of this writing this sandwich cost me 8.00 bucks. My last Banh 3 years ago in Oakland, Ca at a real Vietnamese eatery my bill was 5 bucks. Now I must admit it was a good sandwich. Not as spicy as the real deal. But for Floridians it is fine.
  Now being a real man with a real appetite and a frugal individual, it just does not cut it. To fill my hunger for 3 days for 2 dollars more. I can get what they call a blockbuster with roast beef,turkey, ham & cheese. It is on a bread 18 inches long with the meat 2 inches thick ( yes I measured it) Along with dragging it through the garden included. Plus mustard , oil  etc. on top. . Now being on a DIEt you can customize it and cut down the calories. But for a few dollar more I can feed  2 friends or have lunch for 3 more days.



The folks here are great the ingredients are excellent. I am sorry my stomach and wallet rules.
So chicks this is a place for you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment