Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Gusto Cucina Italiana

Gusto Cucina Italiana, Del Prado Blvd., Cape Coral, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.
Lets start with chatter. I have had this booked mark for 7-8 years, I went here twice at 4pm when they were supposed to be open...they were not....Finally another Saturday arrived and a big green light saying open.
I was seated quickly and attended to. I order a coke.This was a small but nice place with Italian things .I was brought a small, hot fresh loaf of bread. very good. Then I realize two things...paper napkin and three bucks for one can of Coke. I had dress up and thought it being Saturday evening there would be more sophistication here. Nope I was wrong
My meal: I always order thing that I do not know or have the regular skills of making my self.
I splurged on a $12.00 shrimp cocktail. It was not as fancy as I had thought. No glass dish just a plain white saucer plate... cocktail not very spicy but  acceptable.
My meal today was Veal Michelangelo. $27.00...it was tender veal, sauteed shrimp, sea scallops, spiced tomatoe creamed sauce, jump lump crab meat, Brandy Sauce, served over angel hair pasta.
The entree was quickly designed and brought to me. The sauce was wonderful,the items were farm or ocean fresh delicious , Properly cooked.. But the angel hair pasta was not prepared as al dente. The proper method for Italian food.  It was over cooked.
I brought this item attention to my server. She apologized but stated this is how they must cook it for the patrons. I would have to request al dente next time. 
So basically they have to dumb it down from proper sophistication to bad taste buds in SWFL folks. Well chefs have to change their style to make a go of it.
So over all my meal was excellent... You must give Gusto a try.

Note: No easy access parking for people with mobility issue..no ramp







No comments:

Post a Comment