Search This Blog

Monday, April 3, 2017

Ginger Bistro

Ginger Bistro, Cleveland Ave, Fort Myers, FL., Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat.
First this time, chit chat. If you cannot afford to go to San Francisco,CA for a chinese meal , Then this is your best choice. All you are missing is the the cool refreshing fog. This is a cantonese style eatery.
They serve tiny meals of 3 items, Known as Dim Sum . You can share in a family type situation or for yourself. You have approximately 30 choices of dumplings, bun and egg rolls, Different taste ,cooking style and ingredients.
I had steamed bbq pork and a baked pork/veggie bun. They are brought to you in a covered dish . Either a bamboo or stainless steel bowl. My favorite meal is a Szechuan style mongolian beef with white rice. I always ask for extra hot peppers. They never add enough. It is a hot & spicy sliced beef dish with onions, hot red peppers, green beans or other veggies. Since most places NEVER make it hot enough for me. I always request the hot pepper paste oil to make my adjustment. I am sure that the regular recipe, for you wimps out there, will be more then enough to wipe your brow..
Here they have a viewing widow inside so you may pick a full size duck or chicken. The do have roast pig. BBQ rib, pork bell and such. If so desire you may purchase by the fowl or by the pound. 11-12 bucks a pound.?
In San Francisco you will see this window on the street as you walk. This has been going on for 1000's of year. 2 years ago in California a law maker tried to ban this culture display of the food. They were voted out of their office immediately.
I have tried a variety of dishes they always make me happy
NOTE: Dim Sum is 3-5 bucks per serving ( 3 items )
They do have a website.




No comments:

Post a Comment