Search This Blog

Friday, April 21, 2017

Fords Garage

Ford's Garage, Cape Coral Parkway, Cape Coral, Fl., ... www.rholland63.blogspot.com....Here is a bit of chit chat and my 2 cents on the food. First off I prefer local eateries over a tourist chain. They usually have the best chow and what not. But lo and behold I was surprised when I ate here. A very touristy place.
Now the food. I was swayed by the limited ad of filet mignon, smashed garlic potatoes and green beans. I was sick and tired of swine or seafood in SWFL.... I also order a basic burger to go with fries.
I of course ordered my filet, medium rare. Anything above medium for beef, just eat an old leather shoe. The cook was right on the nose, perfectly done for both. My smashed potatoes had just the correct amount of fresh garlic. Soo good. The green beans were properly prepared with only a slight crunch, to let you know they were fresh from the soil.
My burger was a delight. Full of flavor. Fries just crispy enough.
I admit this... I am a carnivore for beef so my prejudice for beef may have colored my judgement. But really all you have here, SWFL, is overpriced seafood and pig.
My servers were outstanding.
Also always leave your tips in CASH...never on the credit card...




No comments:

Post a Comment