Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

1025

10 Twenty Five, Santa Barbara Blvd., Cape Coral, Fl., Here is a bit of chatter and my 2 cents on the food.
Chit chat...Well I must say the folks here are very nice. They offer to be accommodating with your meal. It is a bar and such.
The food. I had the signature dish of their version of a pot roast, 14 bucks.
It was ready when I arrived 11 AM or so. It was good. It had a guinness  in the gravy.  I like it.  I guess my issue is with the price. I know this is a new place. Food can be tricky to create. I would like to come here 1-2 times a week or a month. But at 14 bucks for a cheap cut of beef, 4-5 small baby carrots, and MAYBE a average size red potatoe. I know it takes 3-4 hours in a oven at home for a pot roast to be done. This meal does taste better the next day.
Plus what happen to the free bread to sop up the gravy. It is a standard that has gone missing.
I guess the glory days of a inexpensive, filling and great taste have gone. Now you get only one or two of that .






No comments:

Post a Comment