Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Deep Lagoon Seafood and Oyster House

Deep Lagoon & Oyster House, McGregor Blvd, Ft. Myers, Fl. Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.

This is the first day that they open for lunch service. They had staff galore. Everyone was smiling and nice.
My waitress was Guenevere. A new resident to Florida. She did a 5 star service.

I order a sweet tea 2.99, A bowel of gumbo.$9.00   Plus their fish and chips made with hog fish made with a unique seasoning.$11.00

But I always come for the food and frugality.

The sweet tea. Sorry not that sweet.

The gumbo... This was excellent. Not New Orleans excellent except ,It was loaded with sausage seafood and okra...... It was not as spicy as it should be. They did fail to offer me the house hot sauce at the beginning. ( Tabasco is on the table.) It was good. ( you can buy a bottle at the outrageous price of 8 bucks, better to slip the bottle in your pocket or bag.)

Now the over priced ($11.00) small portion of hog fish and chips. It had no unique flavor and did not hold up to being crispy, while I ran my mouth with Guenevere. I have had bigger portion, better flavor and cheaper prices at the local fish & chips joints.

So I guess this is MY bad mistake.
This place is more of a ambiance place. Or for those with the nose stuck in the air.
So if you are a holty tolty kind of folks with money to burn this is for you.








No comments:

Post a Comment