Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Phil's 41

Phil's 41, Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda, FL.,  Here is my 2 cents on the food and some chit chat. The food. BUT... Well folks some crazy old white witch change lanes,( without looking of course) and almost ran me off the road.... Which brings me to my drink. 2 for 1 at happy time. I was lucky this place actually had brandy...Brandy seems to be oblivious in the redneck state of Florida.. Only in the more refine eateries have I  come across this beverage of grapes.
I bring all this up because I ask for my 2 drinks in one tall glass.... How am I served my brandy and cola?? In a well marked beer glass... ahhhh... I guess this is as close as being sophisticated as I will find.
My meal... I was presented with fresh out of the oven bread, crusty on outside hot and fluffy inside mmmmm good. And real butter. This is a fading thing in most restaurants. I order P.E.I. mussels and spaghetti.  What is P.E.I.??? It means the mussels are larger and come from a place called Prince Edward Island.
I do not care... this dish was fabulous. Though a bit hard maybe to open a mussel or so it tasted fresh and good.Kudo's to the cook, season just right.
Since I survived  that white crazy redneck witch. I treated myself to dessert. I am sorry I forget the name of this cake, but if you look at the pic , it is more pie looking. It has whipped cream and made of wonderful chocolate. So gooood!!!!
Service was great folks all were nice.




No comments:

Post a Comment