Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2016

McGregor Cafe

McGregor Cafe, Mcgregor Blvd., Ft. Myers, FL. A growling in my tummy, 2 cents on the food and chit chat. The food & chit chat. House made sweet tea in a 32oz. mason jar with refills, pretty good. My salad was house made potatoes salad, creamy mayo, onions and such very good.  A sandwich... The Cowboy!!!
On a slight warmed barely toasted roll, with cream cheese, ham, tomato, lettuce and red onion. 10 bucks w/side.
First....why is this called a cowboy? Nothing in it says old west. The ham itself had no flavor + not a lot of ham. Cream cheese was barely a smear, a single piece of lettuce but 2 large slices of tomato and a large slice of onion. (This is what I tasted). Over all this "Cowboy" was terrible. Plus for 10 bucks I really I felt ripped off. My bill over all was 14 bucks. I could have had a 18 inch sub sandwich for 10 dollars in the Cape.
Chit chat. Service was excellent. BUT ...... When I entered I felt it was too cramped... Tables were too close to each other. Sitting outside is prefer..... except today is was very breezy. Lunch is NOT served until 11 AM. And there is NO waffles on the menus.



No comments:

Post a Comment