Search This Blog

Thursday, March 19, 2015

The Orient Restaurant, best so far for chinese cusine

rholland63.yelp.com ....rholland63.blogspot.com.   Here is my 2 cents.. First the food before chit chat.
I had Chow Champagne .
It is shrimp, roast pork & chicken entree. Along with oyster mushrooms & button mushroom. Broccoli ,baby corn and snow peas. Lets not forget the sesame oil... The shrimp was ocean fresh cooked to a tender pink. Pork was sliced thin along with the chicken. Fabulously tender to the mouth. The veggies was saute to just a hint of crunch. Cooked so even folks that like their veggie soggy it will be delightful.
If you like to kick up the flavor ask for the hot oil paste. Tread at you own risk.
The other unusual thing was fried wonton served with hot chinese mustard and a sweet sauce. At first I thought it was Fritos without the salt. But the kicker for me was the mustard. I HATE Chinese mustard BUT this was just spicy enough. Something new for me.

Now our chit chat. This is a old school eatery .. A long time place. They only serve chinese food and do NO advertising that I have seen in my 3 + years being here.    Ahhh the prices are a bit higher , ALAS you get what you pay for.. My server Peg did a great job. Though on this day I could see she was overwhelmed. A party of 15, 3 other tables (3 & 4 each) and then me. But Peg swooshed through doing a great job.
It is located in a small non-descript strip mall( they all seemed to be).
So if you like good food give them a try....But be warned service could be spotty.  Such is life.


No comments:

Post a Comment