Search This Blog

Monday, March 2, 2015

Tennessee Still Company, new eatery fusioning old & new

rholland63.yelp.com....rholland63.blogspot.com... My 2 cents.... Before chit chat lets talk food.
I ordered the 'Rachael". basically a wanna be Reuben. minus the sauerkraut...
The pastrami was good,lean with just the right amount of fat for flavor. The rye was said to be house made was toasted just right.  .. The coleslaw which was suppose to be ON the Rachael, I got on the side.. A better choice. The slaw was good but just your typical slaw. Considering the size of the bread, when ask for it on side you get more.. The creole mustard & 1000 island was good no big whoop.
I requested  as a side green beans. I expected the usual cooked to death beans with a onion-bacon taste.
I was suprized and grateful that the beans were cooked just enough. It had great flavor , cooked enough to just a small crunch at the end. They appeared to be  fresh beans NOT canned.. mmm good.
Over all good food. Not typical southern fare but a fusion of old style and new changing taste buds.
A must try for the newbie and adventurous foodies.
Chit Chat: The servers were all very friendly. Mine, Petras did an outstanding job of humoring an old fart.. He answered all my question & if he did not know it ,retrieved it for me. Job well done.
The eatery is located in a mall with a fitness club so do not afraid if you see the lot full. It may not represent the inside of the place.
I will  be back to try some moonshine and other plates of fusion.


No comments:

Post a Comment