Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Mels Diner

Mel's Diner, Pine Island Rd., Cape Coral, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.
I got here early so I had to do breakfast.

First off staff was nice and attentive.

I order the waffle combo of sorts. The menu stated" we do not make it til you order it". This is
printed above the waffle.
(I knew something was a foot, when my order got here before I opened my magazine.)

I asked for eggs over easy bacon and a sausage patty.
The food tasted OK, BUT, the issue was the waffle, the eggs and meats were room temperature or just plain COLD.
As I sliced into the waffle I expected steamed to arise or the butter melt. It did NOT happen. Plus from the look of the color of  my waffle, ( see pics ). I should have known.
The medium sized eggs though cooked to a bit over easy were room temperature. The bacon,was a bit over done, and sausage were just room temp.

The only thing that was hot was my coffee.
After having an outstanding breakfast a few days ago at the Go G* Diner, on Pondella.

I was truly disillusion eating here.

No comments:

Post a Comment