Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Biggy's Place

Biggy's Place, Fowler St., Fort Myers, Fl., Growling of the tummy and chatter. Here is another downhome local joint. I was divided over a waffle or meatloaf...I went carnivore and got the meat.
I decided on some sweet tea. This is usually a in house made deal. But always ask. Instead of salad I went for the lentil soup.... A great choice. Very thick w/lentils, carrots and meat. Loved the flavor. Now smash potatoes w/brown gravy and meat loaf. .The potatoes were smash not whipped. I found small chucks or taters in side. So you know it was hand done very good. .....OBSERVATION: I have noticed the last 3 times I have had meat loaf ( 3 different restaurant) it was presented  with a steak knife??? WHY??? It is hand shaped ground beef....I think it is going to be tough. It never is tough,So whats up with the extra sharp blade?

Back to this meat loaf. I was not too impress. Not much flavor. A brown gravy but lacking some garlic or onions. Or just maybe what the locals prefer mediocre plain food.   BUT all in all reasonable prices, good quantity & quality food. I do recommend this eatery

Note; If you locate a coupon you can buy one entree  and get a 2nd one 50% off.
Staff was excellent ....place appeared spotless. I will be back.



No comments:

Post a Comment