Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Reuben Smokehouse well deserved 5 stars for food

Hi! folks I was looking for my brisket since coming to SW Florida.  I saw Reuben all over  the web.  People were giving it 5 stars. Since the people here in Florida do not really know good food I was apprehensive .
But lo and behold these folks really knew good food. I was here at lunch 1115 AM on Tuesday
I was started off with a warm roll .....Soft fluffy warm. No need for butter or jam.

I opt for the platter. $19.00....A WHOLE chicken & melt in your mouth beef brisket. My sides were southern style green beans & a cole slaw just wet to dry perfection .
The chicken was bbq just right with tads of burnt skin. A must when you cook on a grill and not in the oven .( Sonny's oven cook their)
The brisket was lean to fat as a brisket should be. Falling apart where you almost may need a spoon. MMMMMMM. They offer  3-4 sauces for your pleasure.. House, Sweet, Carolina( mustard type) and If you are brave enough a ....scott bonnet/pineapple infused sauce that will make you cry with heavenly delight.  Be warned ONLY the REAL mannly type should experiment with this. This is my fav. I like my sauce the way I like my women  HOT & Spicy.   I am sure less than .01% of Floridians can handle this.

They have burger meatloaf and other goodness. A bit for all. Food 5 stars yes. My service was outstanding too.
Cramped parking in front more in the rear.






No comments:

Post a Comment