Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Big Blue Brewing

Big Brew Brewing, SE 10th Place, Cape Coral, FL., A grumbling in my tummy, 2 cents on the food and chit chat. I usually only comment on the food. BUT I found too many things wrong...The food. This is what I order per the menu.
Pork Belly Bao, $11 bucks !!!
Asian Inspired Pork Belly with Scallion, Hoisin, Sweet and Hot Peppers stuffed in a traditional steam bun.... I eat out for things that I cannot make or is too time consuming... This item is wrong... The pork belly ( 1 inch of it ) and commercial bought hoisin sauce. It was actually in a chinese style taco shell NOT a bao or a  steam bun. PLUS NO hot pepper just plain sweet pepper. All of these items are very easy to buy and assemble at home.
I was given a hot sauce...but NOT a true chinese hot sauce. This item tasted fine and quality was good..only you get 1 bite of the meat for each ( there are 3 see pics). For 11 bucks I could have made 12 or more at home.
Yes lets not forget the fries. Basically a whole potato, cut in wedges of 4 or 5, and fried. Not my idea of french fries.
Observation....A strawberry daiquiri , 10 bucks..Years ago I paid 8.50 for a daiquiri, in San Francisco, Ca.at the St. Francis Hotel, a 5 star rated hotel, which had fresh berries. I still do not understand why liquor is so expensive here in Florida. It must be rigged.
Service was lacking. I was the first and only customer  at the 11AM opening. I was not attended to until 15 minutes later. There  appear to be at least 5-6 employees hanging around. I also notice that a function was being held in a back room. This is no excuse.
I finally got out at 1220 PM. This is a long time for me to spend for meal.



No comments:

Post a Comment