Search This Blog

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Mels Diner

Mel's Diner, Pine Island Rd., Cape Coral, FL., Growling of my tummy and chatter. On filling the tummy. I have not been here in a blue moon. The special today was a seafood platter 9.99. I went for it. Lets go with each item. Cole slaw it was a bit sour though crunchy and fresh.
Fries hot and crunchy, 3 shrimp very lightly batter, good. The cocktail sauce was a bit mild for me. The fried fish filet. It was too much batter.
At least 1/8-1/4 inch thick. I measured it.  Fried ok just too much breading (see pic ). Ahh the crab cake? More like a crab pancake (see pic)

. No outstanding flavor thin like a pancake. Plus inside is best described as being creamy of sorts.
Chatter.. My server was Denise. She did a wonderful job. She inquire about my meal and stated she would pass on my observation to the cook.
Aside from the above concerns. i had a fairly good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment