Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Hog Body Grill, better than a chain

Hog Body Grille, Bayshore Rd., North Fort Myers, Fl.,Growlings of my tummy and sum chatter.
First the food. I had a bowl to go of the soup of the day, Gumbo. I was hesitant at first.
Well I needed a fork to eat all the goodness. It was thick with shrimp, sausage and other goodies.
The best way to explain the taste is , I was reminded of the major store brand C**p*ell Soups gumbo But Way less salty. It stopped there. It had chunks of spicy italian sausage,(fennel spice)  plus medium size shrimp  and very thick. I really like the heat and texture. Good job.
Now the cole slaw; it was crunchy fresh and creamy all at once.... MMMM... Potato salad ehh could have used more flavor and less mayo. On the slightly bland side. Portions are about 4 oz.each
Ribs. I thought I was getting the real ribs. Spare ribs . Unfortunately I got the namby pamby wimpy ribs, baby ribs. The sauce was a step above chain BBQ places. Still not very sweet... not very spicy... still not much meat /fat and bit dry. Though you could gum it off the bone with dentures.This cost me about $18 bucks all together. Except with a sandwich place next store ...the only game in around 6 miles or so!!!
The service was excellent. The menu is geared to chicken wings. Wings of all type. Not sure why a place called Hog Body, is more interested in a flightless bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment