Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2018

Slate's Restuarant

Slate's Restaurant, Candia St., Cape Coral, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chit chat.

Lets start by saying I went out of my comfort zone and being frugal.  I went for a dinner not a lunch.......This was my birthday meal.
Including tip I spent $140 bucks. It was for a tomahawk steak.
Let it be known they do EVERYTHING from scratch in house but the bread. (bread was wonderful too.)
I tried a cocktail called a Side Car. $10 bucks....good but not ten bucks good.
I got warm bread and butter...Which is unusual today for free bread or rolls.
Then I tried a cup of the gumbo...small portion, but oh so good and spicy...I loved it.

The main entree...a tomahawk steak, medium rare, with 2 large shrimp & fried potatoes with sausage and onions, and creamed spinach.

I was offered 5 different steak sauces... Why would anyone in their right mind put a sauce on the 2% of the advertised best beef available... If you do this you have horrible taste buds and are wasting your money.. Sauces are for less than choice types of beef.

On ward. The meal was terrific the service outstanding. Robin my server was excellent.

This was a carnivore delight
Though I was unable to finish it here, I had to save room for house mad ice cream and a chocolate torte.

This is 5 star place for a romantic date or to spoil yourself or others





No comments:

Post a Comment