Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Tacos El Tequila, ug pass on by

Tacos El Tequila, Pine Island Rd., Cape Coral, FL, Here is chit chat and my 2 cents on the food.
I will start with all the good stuff. Server was great even though she was dealing with 7 tables by herself. My order came within 5 minutes. Salsa and chips were warm and spicy as it should be done.
Refried beans, rice and flour tortilla were good.
Now the bad.


Sweet tea was terrible not sweet no flavor. My go to dish chili rellenos was just sub par. It was ground beef but the flavor of good was just not there. I have had better at chain eateries.
The burrito, carnitas, fried pork. Pork was over cooked. There was lots of meat and plenty of rice but it was not up to the standard of a true burrito. The burrito was created in the Mission District of San Francisco, CA. in the late 40's & 50's. I lived there for 30 odd years I KNOW a good burrito.
I ask for two jalapeno inside my order. I got 2 roasted on the outside.
So this made be good for a floridian taste buds BUT it is wrong.



No comments:

Post a Comment