Search This Blog

Friday, August 14, 2015

Pickle Parrot, Standard fare with own twist

Here is my 2 cents on the food and a bit of chit chat... Lets start with the sweet tea
. This is one of 2 places that I have found  makes their own sweet tea. It is less bitter and bit more sweet. Why these places do not advertise it,( you must ask), is beyond me. It is good stuff.
I went for their fish & chips. Or I must say their take on it
. First the fish. They use their own batter instead of a standard beer type batter. I do not know what it is but it is good. The fries are crispy waffle style . Crisp yet meaty at the same time. They also change up the  tartar sauce. This I hated. It was too sour for me. In this case the traditional tartar sauce would be better. They do offer malt vinegar.

Over all it was a grand meal with excellent service. They offer brunch on the week end and the seafood omelet sounded divine. A  variety of creatures from the sea.
So if the area give them a try.



No comments:

Post a Comment